Utah Meth Clandestine Laboratory Incidents (data collected for 2004-2014)
2004 107
2005 67
2006 39
2007 8
2008 15
2009 13
2010 10
2011 9
2012 2
2013 4
2014 1

Scelta Inspections LLC provides meth testing for sellers and buyers. The test is sent to a lab for diagnostics and results. If the results are determined to exceed the State Limit, a trusted decontamination company will be recommended.

Contact us today for a quote a home meth test.

Call us today: 435.248.9000

Methamphetamine (meth, ice, crystal, glass, speed, chalk, or tina) is a highly addictive, man-made drug that stimulates the pleasure section of the brain. Meth has been used as a stimulant for several decades. In more recent years, use has surged as has purity increased resulting in intense highs.

Because meth can be made from common household items, small laboratories can be set up in a variety of locations to make, or “cook,” the drug. In Utah, the number of labs has decreased dramatically.

Much of the meth production has shifted to “super labs” in Mexico. In fact, one Meth Decontaminator in Utah has said that there have been no reports of Meth Labs in the State for several years. However, meth use remains a large problem in Utah. Individuals seeking treatment for meth represent roughly 28 percent of all substance abuse treatment program admissions. Of those in treatment, nearly 75 percent are women and mothers.

Meth affects everyone. Homes and properties contaminated with meth can cost thousands of dollars to clean.

When to Test for Methamphetamine Contamination

The Utah Department of Health recommends that properties be tested for methamphetamine contamination before all property transactions (buying/selling, leasing, etc.).

Acceptable Testing

Utah’s local health departments only accept test results performed by a state certified decontamination specialist. Many companies, home inspectors, home building supply stores, and other businesses offer test kits or services for conducting testing. The results from these activities may be useful as a screening tool, but are not an acceptable method of determining the level of methamphetamine decontamination in a property. Be sure to check with your local health department for additional information about their acceptable testing procedures. (The information above is reprinted from the Utah Department of Health.)

According to the National Institute of Health:

“It has been shown that methamphetamine residues remain on surfaces, upholstery and flooring post-cooking and post-smoking. These surfaces may also desorb methamphetamine over time, and when these residues are disturbed, they become airborne within the environment. Generally airborne emissions are higher closer to the original contamination and there is methamphetamine that can be re-released into the air days or years after deposition. During simulated smoking and controlled cooks of methamphetamine, airborne particles were found to vary in size from <1.0 µm to >2.5 µm []. These particles were easily transported and did not require any physical activity in the area to detect residues in excess of the 0.5 µg/100 cm2 decontamination limit [,]. For the smoking of methamphetamine, it has been estimated that approximately 67% is inhaled, which leaves 33% to be deposited on the surrounding environment.”

© Copyright Scelta Inspections | Website by Spectora | Privacy Policy